The Department of State Health Services (DSHS) in collaboration with the Texas Hospital Association developed the Texas Ten Step Program in 1999 as a method to improve maternity care practices in birthing facilities. Policy development, education of staff, and provision of discharge resources for breastfeeding mothers are key initiatives of the program.
For more information visit Texas Ten Step
• Baptist Medical Center
• CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital City Center
• CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - New Braunfels
• Methodist Children's Hospital
• Methodist Metropolitan Hospital
• Mission Trail Baptist Hospital
• North Central Baptist Hospital
• Northeast Baptist Hospital
• St. Luke's Baptist Hospital
• San Antonio Military Medical Center
• University Hospital
San Antonio Breastfeeding Coalition © 2016 All Rights Reserved.
Listings on this website do not imply endorsement of any product, service, business or educational content by the San Antonio Breastfeeding Coalition, Inc.
Promote, protect and support breastfeeding through education, outreach and advocacy.